Total Pageviews

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 3: In The Beginning (SPOILER BLOG)

Oh my god. Is this the episode we find out Mary is a hunter? IT TOTALLY IS. I’m so excited. This is honestly my favorite twist of the show. Well, no, not my favorite. The Michael/Lucifer/vessel twist is the best. But this is up there. I love time travel, for one thing. Also, it’s incredibly important in the grand scheme of things. Once we understand that Mary owed Azazel a debt, the whole “Why Sam” thing makes a lot more sense.

“Hello, Dean.” This is my favorite thing that Castiel says. It’s one of those extra special Dean-and-Cas things that makes my heart happy.

I still love that the Winchesters are from Kansas. It’s very adorable to me, for some reason. I’ve never been to Kansas, so I guess I have this image in my head of it being like ‘The Wizard of Oz’. I’m such a city girl, I kind of yearn for the country sometimes.

Augh, I love Dean meeting past-John. I’ve seen pictures of my parents before I was born and they look like different people. I couldn’t imagine meeting them in the past. It’s insane.

“Time is fluid, Dean.” Is it a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff, Castiel? Is it? Are you familiar with a man called the Doctor?

John: You know something about cars?
Dean: Yeah... my dad taught me everything I know.

MY HEART IS WEEPING.

Also, I absolutely love that Dean is the reason his father bought the Impala. It’s just so fitting. Even when she belonged to John, she was always lying in wait for Dean. They are meant to be.

“John Winchester mixing it up with spirits... could you imagine?” Oh, Deanna. If only you knew.

The Mary speech is so sad. All she wanted was to be with someone who wasn’t a hunter and she didn’t want her sons doomed to the same life she had to lead. And look what happened? Her husband became an angry, vengeful man bent on demon killing, and her sons grew up to be two of the greatest hunters of all time. It’s so, so painful to watch her say this to Dean. Honestly, it makes my stomach ache.

“Hey, Mary? Can I tell you something? Even if this sounds really weird... will you promise me that you’ll remember? On November 2nd, 1983, don’t get out of bed. No matter what you hear, or what you see, promise me you won’t get out of bed.” I think it’s very sweet that Dean tries to protect his mother this way, but there was never any chance she would keep that promise. No matter what she said to some random guy she met ten years before, if she suspected that her baby was in trouble, she wouldn’t stay in bed for anything.

WHEN DEAN REVEALED HIMSELF TO SAMUEL. I FLAILED. I also just remembered how much I don’t like Samuel. Do we ever figure out who ripped him from the Pit? I don’t think we do. That makes me very, very nervous. I don’t like him. What even happens to him? I don’t remember. Ugh, Samuel.

Here’s a question: was Sam chosen by Azazel to be his ‘favorite’ because he was destined to be Lucifer’s vessel, or did that become his destiny when Azazel chose him? Is this answered? Hmm. Judging from what Castiel says, it’s the former, but I’m not sure.

The LOOKS Dean and Castiel give each other! Castiel looks so concerned and Dean looks like he’s about to cry and AUGH why are they best friends already?

“Destiny can’t be changed, Dean. All roads lead to the same destination.” Yes, Castiel has definitely been conferring with the Doctor. Also, I never thought about how ‘destiny’ and ‘destination’ probably come from the same word.

Castiel is motherfucking scary right now. It’s the use of the ‘we’ pronoun. I think Castiel starts falling when he stops using ‘we’ and starts using ‘I’.

No comments:

Post a Comment