Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 25, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 6: Yellow Fever (SPOILER BLOG)

Okay... I don’t want to do two liveblogs in a row, but this is kind of a gimmicky episode. Only because parts of it are freaking hilarious. So, we’ll see. It might be like a Ghostfacers deal.

I love seeing Dean afraid of puppies. IT KILLS ME.

LOL Agents Tyler and Perry. They are too much.

“We were friends. Hell, we were Gamecocks. It’s our softball team’s name. They’re majestic animals.” DEAN. KEEP IT TOGETHER. YOU’RE A PROFESSIONAL.

I. Love. Scared. Dean. Now that I know he has the fever already, I can completely appreciate all his little scaredy-cat moments. When has Dean fucking Winchester ever been afraid of a few rowdy teenagers? NEVER, THAT’S WHEN. HE CLEARLY HAS SOME SORT OF ILLNESS.

“Everything else scared him. Al Qaeda. Ferrets. Artificial sweetener. Those Pez dispensers with their dead little eyes. Lots of stuff.” I am afraid of all of those things.

OH LOL I FORGET THIS IS THE EPISODE WHEN SAM CALLS DEAN A DICK. AND THIS IS THE EYE OF THE TIGER EPISODE AHAHA I LOVE IT.

Sam: Dude, you’re going twenty.
Dean: And?
Sam: That’s the speed limit.
Dean: So, what, safety’s a crime now?
Sam: Dude, where are you going? That was our hotel!
Dean: Sam, I’m not going to make a left hand turn into oncoming traffic, I’m not suicidal! (pause) Did I just say that? That was kind of weird.

Seriously, props to Jensen for completely maintaining Dean’s character through the fear. It’s not easy, but I still see Dean there, despite the fact that he’s obeying posted speed limits and driving like a responsible human being.

“Am I haunted? AM I HAUNTED?” Dean, you slay me.

Sam: Turns out all three victims shared a certain... personality type. Frank was a bully, and the other two victims: one was a vice principal, the other was a bouncer.
Dean: Okay?
Sam: Basically they were all dicks.
Dean: So, you’re saying I’m a dick?
Sam: No, no, no, it’s not just that. All three victims used fear as a weapon, and now this disease is just returning the favor.
Dean: I don’t scare people!
Sam: Dean, all we do is scare people.
Dean: Well, then you’re a dick, too!
Sam: Apparently, I’m not.

“Our room is on the fourth floor. It’s high.” CAN I JUST QUOTE THIS ENTIRE EPISODE I WILL THANKS.

Sam: We’ve been ignoring the biggest clue we have-- you!
Dean: I don’t want to be a clue!

I LOVE THIS EPISODE MORE THAN LIFE.

Literally, there is nothing in this world better than the Dean-kitten-scream, followed of course by, “That was scary!” I seriously watched it eight times.

Drunk!Dean is totally hitting on that guy. TOTALLY BISEXUAL JUST SAYIN.

“This isn’t gonna work! I mean, these badges are fake. What if we get busted? WE COULD GO TO JAIL.” I am seriously dying. I completely forgot how funny this episode is. Scared!Dean is SO AMAZING.

This man is so smart. Seriously, he has one of the best moral centers I’ve seen on this show. He feels terrible for Luther and the pain he was put through, but he understands that Frank O’Brien was acting out of fear and desperation. He also knows that there’s no point in holding onto hatred or vengeance. Life is too short. The Winchesters could definitely learn something from him.

I don’t know how one Dean speech can make me laugh so hard while simultaneously breaking my heart.

Dean: I mean, come on, Sam. What are we doing?
Sam: We're hunting a ghost.
Dean: A ghost, exactly! Who does that?
Sam: Us.
Dean: Us, right. And that, Sam, that is exactly why our lives suck. I mean, come on, we hunt monsters! What the hell? Normal people, they see a monster and they run, but not us. No, no, no we search out things that want to kill us. Yeah? Huh? Or eat us! You know who does that? Crazy people! WE are INSANE. And then there's the bad diner food and the skeevy motel rooms and the truck stop waitress with the bizarre rash. I mean, who wants this life, Sam? Huh? Seriously? I mean do you actually like being stuck in a car with me eight hours a day, every single day? I don't think so! I mean, I drive too fast and listen to the same five albums over and over and over again and... and... and I sing along and I'm annoying, I know that. And you, you're gassy! You eat half a burrito and you get toxic. I mean, you know what? You can forget it.
Sam: Whoa, Dean. Where are you going?
Dean: Stay away from me, Sam. Okay? 'Cause I am done with it. I'm done with the monsters and the hellhounds and the ghost sickness and the damn apocalypse! I'm out. I'm done. I quit.

You know what’s crazy? Despite the fact that this is probably the closest we see Dean get to a mental breakdown, this scene is when he is the most normal I have ever seen him. He’s doing what any normal civilian would do when confronted by the supernatural: he gets scared. He gets self conscious. He questions his life and the choices he’s made. Dean is so jaded by his upbringing that he usually doesn’t understand how utterly bizarre it all is. And now it’s finally coming to light. And it’s kind of hilarious, in a really, really sad way.

AHH. WHY DOES EVERYTHING HILARIOUS ULTIMATELY TURN TERRIBLE. Dean is having Evil!Sam visions. So sad. The worst part is, Dean actually does have to see Sam become a demon. Well, not just a demon... Lucifer himself. It may be in the Future That Doesn’t Happen, but Dean still has to see it.

Of course Bobby can speak Japanese. He is the fucking best.

Things You Think You’ll Never See: Dean cuddling a Bible.

I think it’s interesting that Bobby refuses the beer. It was very clearly a moment between him and Dean. I wonder if Bobby felt that he was drinking too much while Dean was in Hell. You go, Bobby. You don’t need the drink.

Sam: How're you feeling, by the way?
Dean: Fine.
Bobby: You sure, Dean? 'Cause this line of work can get awful scary.
Dean: I'm fine. What, you wanna go hunting? I'll hunt. I'll kill anything.
Sam: Aww...
Bobby: He's adorable.

EYE OF THE TIGER CREDIT SEQUENCE GETS ME EVERY TIME. Jensen Ackles, to me you are perfect. Your smile literally lights up my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment