I have deduced (through years of scientific study JKLOLZ) that I did not pay attention to ANYTHING that happened this season unless it happened when Castiel was on screen. Seriously... what apocalypse? Seals? Who’s Lillith? DREAMY NERD ANGEL HAS MY ENTIRE FOCUS.
So... these blogs are going to be really clueless until about halfway through when I go, “Ohhhhhh, it’s this episode!” and then we dance, we kiss, we shmooze, we carry on, we go home happy, whaddaya say?
First of all: sadness. Dean is a fantastic liar when he wants to be. Seriously. I believed him when he told Sam he didn’t remember Hell, even though I OBVIOUSLY KNOW HE DOES. It breaks my heart that he’s trying to keep this from Sam, though. Share the load, Dean! You don’t always have to be the big brother.
Also, either the writers of Supernatural purposely want Dean to be an archetype of the “straight dude” mentality or they are actually writing him as sexually confused. Actual straight guys (A LA SAM WINCHESTER) do not go around going, “Ooh, chicks in showers! Boobs! I like WOMEN.” Okay, Dean, we get it. You like women. YOU’VE MADE THAT PERFECTLY CLEAR. Now you just look like you’re compensating for something.
“There’s a Bigfoot out there, dammit, and he’s a son of a bitch!” I don’t know why I love this line, but I totally do.
LOL Dean and Sam are teddy bear doctors. How adorable.
This episode is on LSD. Seriously, someone was tripping when they wrote this. They were like, “What if a teddy bear came to life because a little kid wished it? He would be like mad depressed and horny and a total alcoholic! Sounds like a good premise for an episode!” LIKE WHAT IS HAPPENING.
Wes: ‘Careful what you wish for’. You know who says that? Good looking jerks like you guys. The ones who got it so easy because you happen to be handsome.
Dean & Sam: Easy.
Wes: Yeah. Women... women look at you, right? They notice you?
Sam: Believe us, we do not have it easy.
Dean: We are miserable.
The way Dean says this makes me really sad. We can’t see his face when he says it, so we can’t tell if he’s joking or serious or being facetious or whatever.
The only good thing about this episode is Todd and his wrath. “KNEEL BEFORE TODD! KNEEL BEFORE TODD!”
Poor Dean. I remember when I first watched this episode and I just thought he was tortured and shit on the rack. I think it’s an amazing plot development that Dean ended up becoming a torturer.
Anyway, this episode is eh. I think a trap that Supernatural falls into all the time is that they introduce this gigantic problem like Dean only having a year left or the Apocalypse or something, and then they have episodes like these that under normal circumstances would probably be be good, but now they just seem really inconsequential and insignificant. Like, yeah it’s sad that this town is all fucked up, but don’t you guys have BIGGER PROBLEMS? There are probably seals breaking somewhere and you guys are pretending to be teddy bear doctors.
No comments:
Post a Comment