This episode is a little gimmicky. It’s mostly just like, “Ah, fun, fairy tales. Real cute.” So I’m going to semi-liveblog it. I’m cranky. I do what I want.
THREE LITTLE PIGS: Har har har three brothers fighting over whether to build something with cinderblocks or timber. And they get killed by a wolf. Flippin’ hilarious.
I love when Sam and Dean fight. Especially when Dean pulls the because-I-said-so line. I don’t like when they fistfight, but there’s something very loving in how they yell at each other. I always think back to a line in the film adaptation of “The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants”, when Tibby and Carmen are fighting, and Carmen asks Tibby why it’s so easy to be angry with her, and Tibby answers, “It’s because you know I’ll always love you.” Dean and Sam fighting sometimes hurts, but it’s ultimately better than them repressing their feelings. They can fight because they know that it doesn’t matter how mad the other person gets, they’ll always love each other and be there for each other.
Did I just compare Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants to Supernatural? Oh my Castiel, I need to sleep.
HANSEL AND GRETEL: This makes me want to never go hiking with my brother. Because, you know, there are probably murderous old witches with poison pie hiding out in every forest. I’M JUST BEING CAUTIOUS YOU NEVER KNOW OKAY.
Sam: Remember Cinderella? The pumpkin that turns into a coach, and the mice who become horses?
Dean: Dude, could you be more gay?
OH HEY DEAN I THINK YOUR REPRESSED SEXUALITY IS SHOWING.
CINDERELLA: This girl’s stepmom randomly beat her and chained her to the oven. Also, there’s a pumpkin outside her house. And mice. I’m going to be honest, I kind of love this. I love gimmicky stuff. I do. SO SUE ME I HAVE A HEART MADE OF MARSHMALLOWS.
LITTLE RED RIDING HOOD: Crazy ass motherfucker wolf from before kills an old lady in a parking lot, then goes to pick up her granddaughter, who is conveniently wearing a red sweatshirt.
Okay, mini-rant time: here is another time I call bullshit on Supernatural. Callie is gorgeous. She’s been in a coma for like eight years? Ten years? People who have been in comas for that long are not that pretty. They have to be fed through a tube and they’re being kept on life support. Callie looks like she’s been in a coma since like, yesterday. Not even. Her eyebrows are flawless and her hair is perfect and she’s wearing BLUSH for heaven’s sake. Whatever, Supernatural. You clearly don’t want to show women who don’t look like models on your show. It’s mildly sexist, but I’m overlooking it for now.
Actually, with the exception of Callie and the implications surrounding her comatose beauty, I like this episode. It’s kind of fun. And I like dark Grimm Brother’s fairy tales. And I like when Supernatural utilizes outside sources in their plots.
“I’m going to go stop the Big Bad Wolf. Which is the weirdest thing I’ve ever said.” Oh, Dean. I love you.
There’s like, a whole episode-within-an-episode once they finish the whole fairy tale storyline, and I do not like it. Sam sneaking out to do shady demon things while Dean is sleeping is just too close to the DemonBlood!Sam of Season 4. Even though he is doing this for Dean, it feels so... dark and demonic that he’s doing it in secret. Sam is smart, and he knows that deals with demons always go awry. So why is he doing this? I hate it. Killing the Crossroads Demon changes NOTHING, Sam. Lillith owns his contract (P.S. Was using the pronoun ‘he’ meant to be a trick or did the writers of SPN really not know who held Dean’s contract at this point? It is Lillith, right?). Also: seals, Righteous Man, Apocalypse, blah blah blah, nothing is simple, I hate everything, I’m going to go cry now, BYE.
No comments:
Post a Comment