Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 2, Episode 3: Bad Day at Black Rock (SPOILER BLOG)

So, this episode is made up of three components to me. The first is Bela, the second is Sam and Dean, and third is Gordon and his friend.

So, I’ll address Bela first. I have found that in the fandom, people tend to be fairly polarized about Bela, either completely adoring her or despising her. I don’t think I fall into either of these categories; I remember finding Bela amusing but fairly annoying, and I don’t remember being too disappointed when she was done away with. To be completely honest, I don’t really remember her storyline at all. I think it has something to do with the Colt, but I can’t remember what. She made a deal? She killed her parents because they were mean? I don’t remember. It’s funny: Bela Talbot actually reminds me of River Song from Doctor Who, who I also don’t feel too strongly for. Am I insulting my own gender for disliking these extremely strong female characters? This worries me. I do love that everyone in the hunter community knows who she is. She’s famous just like the Winchesters.

Next: Dean and Sam in this episode. They are hilarious. Dean’s face when they win the free food, his excited voice when he buys the scratch tickets, etc... I just love it. He’s like a little five year old in this episode. And Sam is precious as well.

Dean: What?

Sam: I lost my shoe.

Their relationship in this episode reminds me a lot of my relationship with my brother. I’ve compared myself to Dean several times in these blogs already, but it was even more apparent in this one. Especially when Sam falls down, and Dean’s first instinct is to say, “Wow! You suck!” SO ME AND MY BROTHER. But really.

I didn’t always follow the logic of the rabbit’s foot. When Bela stole it from Sam and Dean at the restaurant, she still hadn’t touched it, so technically the rabbit’s foot still belonged to Sam, since its luck passes by touch. I guess the explanation is that the bad luck doesn’t come from the foot belonging to someone else, but from losing the foot in the first place. But how do you define losing something? What’s lost can be found. For me, you lose something forever when it starts belonging to something else. Ooh, look at me, so profound. SO... plot hole. I can get over it.

Dean and Bela have some sexy chemistry happening. I don’t care what she says, she is extremely attracted to him. But who wouldn’t be? Let’s be honest. I love what he says to her, though:

“You’re not the only one with sticky fingers. If it’s any consolation, I think you’re a truly awful person.”

DON’T MESS WITH DEAN. He is so funny!

The third component of this episode is Gordon and his gross lizard friend (I think he looks like a lizard). How is this guy not aware of how fucking crazy Gordon is? The way he’s talking... he literally looks out of his mind. I guess the lizard man is crazy, too, so that’s why he doesn’t recognize the crazy in other people. I hate that he thinks Jesus is leading him to Sam. News flash: God totally wants Sam and Dean alive, bitch. He sends a fucking angel to raise Dean out of hell, then he saves the boys by putting them on a plane. He obviously likes them. He is not trying to help people kill the Winchesters, YA BITCH. Anyway, I hate you, lizard friend of Gordon. I’m not even bothering to learn your name. SUCK IT.

I LOVE YOU DEAN. Not for any particular reason, just because I feel like I have to end all my blogs this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment