Total Pageviews

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Liz Watches: Supernatural Season 4, Episode 10: Heaven and Hell (SPOILER BLOG)

Dean: You are some heartless sons-of-bitches, you know that?
Cas: As a matter of fact, we are. And?

Augh, all the pain. After the Samhain incident, Castiel allowed himself to feel something for Dean, and he told Dean in confidence that he was having doubts, but then he went back to Heaven for a while and spent time around his brothers and he thought he remembered the path he was supposed to be on. But now he’s with Dean again and Dean is calling him names and he doesn’t want to let Heaven down but for some strange reason he doesn’t want to let Dean down either so all he can do is throw Dean’s words back in his face and pretend that they don’t matter.

I can’t deal with Ruby being nice. It skeeves me out too much when I know that she’s evil on the inside.

Question: Dean Winchester’s character in one sentence or less.
Answer: “Dude, you’re confusing reality with porn again.”

I love you, Pam. You’re the best in the world. She did not need to die!

It’s like Dean’s pretending that conversation between him and Castiel never happened. He says that angels are perfect and that they never doubt, but Cas TOLD him he had doubts and questions. Don’t forget that, Dean. Anna looks like the nice angel and Cas looks like the asshole now, but there will come a time when you look at Castiel and see family.

I think the fact that Grace creates instead of destroys is indicative of the idea that angels are inherently good. Some of them stray from the path, just like humans, but they’re inherently made of good energy.

Ugh, Dean/Anna sex. No thank you.

Okay, here’s my rant. I don’t think that Dean and Anna have any sort of emotional connection. He certainly doesn’t want her to get killed by angels and he obviously likes her enough to have conversations with her, but she’s not really his type of girl at all and he doesn’t seem to really seem to be attracted to her. She comes onto him, CLEARLY offers herself up, and Dean is Dean, he’s not going to refuse sex when it’s right there in front of him, and I have no beef with that.

What gets me is this: they have sex in the back of the Impala. The IMPALA. I’m sure it’s not the first time it happens, but it’s the first time we ever see it, and it makes me mad. The back of the Impala should be a sacred place, as weird as that sounds. For some, the backseat of a car might be a casual place to get it on, but the Impala is Dean’s home. Not only that, it’s Sam’s home, too. It’s one of the only constants they had growing up and Dean is having sex with someone he barely knows in the backseat and it just makes me mad.

Also, GET YOUR HAND OFF CASTIEL’S HANDPRINT, BITCH. They made such a point to show it happening and I want to be like, “Is that supposed to be romantic?” She’s touching the place on Dean’s body where he was pulled from Hell by another angel. She’s touching the place Castiel touched when he was putting Dean back together. She’s touching it like it belongs to her and that couldn’t be farther from the truth. UGH. Get out, Anna. I’m sick of ranting about how much I hate you.

Okay, I don’t want to lie, I watched this scene several times for Jensen’s back. UNF. I CAN’T STOP STARING. Seriously drooling over here. BUT I DON’T LIKE IT. I HATE YOU ANNA JUST GO BACK TO HEAVEN AND LEAVE DEAN ALONE.

Dean: Where’s your boss?
Uriel: Castiel? He’s not here. You see, he has this weakness. He likes you.

OH MY LORD THE LOVE HAS ALREADY BEGUN. Castiel literally has to stay away from Dean because he knows that Dean is his weakness, and that the minute he looks at Dean’s face he won’t be able to carry out Heaven’s plan. THE LOVE IS SO PRESENT.

I personally like this version of Alastair more than the one later in this season. That guy looks too creepy; it’s too obvious that he wants to see you bleeding on the rack. This pediatrician looks like he’d be friendly in another situation, and it makes it all the worse when he opens his mouth and all that evil comes out.

I know we’re supposed to dislike Castiel right now but I CAN’T. HE’S JUST SO ADORABLE. Seriously, with his hair and his flappy coat and his permanently puppy-like expression... he’s precious.

Again, I know that the whole Castiel-looks-away-from-Dean-and-Anna’s-private-moment-thing is because he feels ashamed about making Dean choose, but to me, it’s just FILLED with loving angst. Up until now, he could think to himself that Dean hated him because he was an angel, but now he has to recognize the fact that Dean hates him, personally, because he’s making the wrong choices. And he’s loved Dean since he pulled him from Hell, so that kind of hatred stings.

I think when Castiel says that he and Anna have a history, he means as friends and soldiers who fought together. I know there’s some discrepancy in the fandom, and some people ship them, but Anna clearly says that there’s no sex in Heaven. I think she and Castiel were merely close; they’re both obviously curious about Earth and they like humans more than angels like Uriel do.

Angels and demons standing around insulting each other is actually making me laugh.

Dean’s like, “SHIT DID I JUST SAVE CASTIEL?” and Sam’s like, “Dude, did you just save Castiel?” and everyone else is like, “Wait, don’t you hate that guy?” and Dean’s like, “I don’t know, okay, it’s weird,” and Castiel is like, “Love you, too, baby.”

I can’t really talk about this last scene. I don’t know why. I thought this time around would be easier, but it’s not. The only thing I can really say is that I love Dean. I love him so, so much, and that doesn’t change just because of what happened in Hell. It will never change. People make mistakes and this was a big one, but forgiveness exists for a reason. It exists because of people like Dean who deserve it.

Funny story about this scene, actually: the first time I watched it, Sarah was actually in the room and she was yelling at me to turn off Supernatural and come to dinner and I was like “SHHH I’LL BE THERE IN A SECOND THIS IS IMPORTANT” and she was like, “COME ON HOW MANY MINUTES” and I was like, “THREE MINUTES COME BACK IN THREE MINUTES AND I’LL BE READY” and when she came back, I was hunched over my computer making crying noises and going, “Dean, it’s okay, it’s okay” and she completely didn’t get it. BUT SHE WILL. HA. Soon she will understand my pain.

No comments:

Post a Comment